The Eclectic WAHM

Work From Home Options

More on being in school

I knew that going back to school to finish my degree would mean having to do some things I don't particularly want to do...such as math homework. Ugh. Math was never my strong suit. I'm in an algebra class right now and though it's a challenge, I'm muddling through.

Something funny, though...I found a new definition of humility. That would be having my almost 13 year old daughter help ME with MY homework. She sure got a kick out of it. More than that though, I really think it gave her some confidence to really see that sometimes kids DO know more than grown-ups. Now if only I could get her to clean her room...but that's a whole other blog post, isn't it?

All in all, school is going well. I've gotten A's in all my classes thus far. In May I'll have my Associates degree and then just a while to go to finally get my Bachelors. The good news is that I WILL be done before my kids start college. Yippee!

9 comments:

razz said...

Too cute about your daughter helping YOU, lol


Congrats on your grades, keep up the good work:)

Lolly said...

I have a lot of respect for any parent who continues their education!! That is awesome!
Thrifty Thoughts &
Mommy Mia's World

Marrid66 said...

Nothing like having extra help!

marrid

http://www.dabossandbryguy.com/
http://www.hereoncolumbiaave.com/
http://www.4catsmakemecrazy.com/

Marrid66 said...

Nothing like have extra help!

marrid

http://www.dabossandbryguy.com/
http://www.hereoncolumbiaave.com/
http://www.4catsmakemecrazy.com/

Kim said...

Congrats on going back to school...I think Math would be the easiest for me. It's the History or Science I would struggle with...yuck! Thanks for the blog award!!!

Drizzly said...

My hubby has gone back to school too...better him than me I say LOL I could not do it right now and be a mom and a wife and all that.
We are hoping that the refresher he is getting now will let him be able to help our kids when they go to school.

Best of luck!

Irene said...

Wow..how awesome. That is so sweet that your daughter is helping!
Good Luck!

Kateedyd said...

I've thought of going back to school too but can't grab hold of the homework idea either. Maybe in a little while. :o)

PS-You've been tagged! Come on over and play the game too! Kateedyd What?!

Mrs Koz said...

I'm very impressed with moms who commit to adding yet another 'job' to their list of duties & accomplishments -- and studying for school is a huge one. Kudos!!

PayPerPost

Squidoo

Check out my lens


Followers

Swagbucks

My New Favorite Book

Cool Mom Blogs

4 Cats Make Me Crazy!
101 Ways to Save
A Day And The Life Of ME!
A Peek Inside Our Life
Ally Kat Tales
Angies Silly Stuff
ash.
The Art Dept Chronicles
Berriedreams
Blah-Zay
Busy Bee Village
The Cajun Blogger
Chatty Chica
A Christian Marriage
Confessions of a Baltimore Housewife
Da Boss And Bryguy
Dave's Blue Planet
Desperate Gossip
Diaper Duty Diary
Drizzly Blog
Fat Girl Goes Fit
Feelings Just Are
Femme Facade
Five O'Clock Somewhere
Flipping Adentures
Front Page Info
The Geeks Girl
Happy Healthy Families
Have Your Health
Healthy Home Blog
Here On Columbia Avenue
Hillbilly Heart
House Wife Wom
I Love My 3 Boys
Internet Art Class
It's Just My Thoughts
Jolly Mom
Junefair
Kateedyd What?!
Kimmi's Krazy World
The Learning Rock
Life In Cyrpress TX
Life In The Country
Life Inside My Purse
Life Is Like A Sewer
The Life Of A Military Wife
Lisa‘s Command Post
Love World Mall
Mama and Hustler???
Misadventures in Baby Raising
Mix World
The Mom's Book Review
Moma's Crazy World
Moma's House
Moma's Life
Mommie’s Marbles
Mom Tidings
Mom Times Three
Mom to Tweens
My Frugal Life
My-Junk-Drawer
My Mommy Chronicles
My Name is Not “Mom”
My Special Place
My So Called Blog
My Weekly Beef
New & Incredible Gossip
Notes From a Wannabe WAHM
Paradise Fiber Studio
Piece of Me
Postcard from Somewhere
Raising a Girl
Remotely Mommy
Shrinking Pamelalala
SlickMom
So Not Domestic
Surgical Nurse Musings
Talk Time with Kim
teleTwenties
The Jolly Kitchen
Thrifty Momma Ramblings
Thrifty Thoughts
Wahm Adventures
Weeping Widow
Work from Home Options
World of Mom

MyBlogLog

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
160x600

Labels