Self-employment is such a blessing in that way. You do gain more control over your life and most importantly your time. There is no one secret to finding the right opportunity to work from home. There are so many ways to earn a living that don't have to be tied to commuting and the 9-5 grind.
Over the years I've done a combination of working outside the home and working from home and I've discovered that for me, that's what works best. From home I've worked for small businesses doing administrative work, in advertising, call center work, web design, writing and more. For me, owning my life means choosing the work I want to do, participating in activities that interest me and having the flexibility to spend time with my family.
Up until recently, I was working outside the home in a job I loved. Sadly, my position was eliminated. Immediately, I found a great company where I am able to telecommute and work a schedule that suits my family's needs. It was actually perfect timing with the holidays. Tomorrow is the kids first day of winter break and I'm able to be home with them and not pay for childcare or ask family to babysit over the next three weeks.
It's also giving me more time to blog and to explore opportunities for earning an income from home. Currently my work consists of: IC for a marketing company from home, freelance marketing and web design from home, singing with a professional caroling group, and supervising events at a swanky ballroom. Sometimes it seems like a lot, but I've been able to schedule my time in a way that works for me.
Working from home is a wonderful thing. I like not having all my eggs in one basket and being able to choose work I truly enjoy. I'm feeling very blessed this Christmas! I hope you are blessed, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment